Friday, September 16, 2005

More Mikey quotes...

I haven't been tracking all of Mikey's hours this week, but that's because he's been spending all his waking moments playing anyway.

So our old roommate CJ came to visit, and Mikey was trying to explain the game to him, and this is the stuff I overheard:

Mikey: "Oh, fucker...You have to collect all the H through 8s. It's like a random killer, not somebody playing, but something else.
CJ: "play guitar much?"
Mikey: "uh, once in a while...such a good wand, so good. Aw, I can't wait to use it now. God it's awesome!
CJ: (playing guitar)...
Mikey: "Here watch, when you get to level 40 you can buy them out, and it'll go faster so I can buy them out. See right here, it costs about a hundred gold almost to get.
CJ: "Are you riding something?"
Mikey: "Yeah, you can ride a raptor, of course...there are lots of things you can ride; this ones got armor, but some are faster...I'll get those ones with the long legs and the wings."
Mikey: "Ok, these are the battlegrounds. That an alliance player...(wierd horn sound in the game)...Oh Yes! Critical! I've never hit anyone for so much before...Those are alliance players. I just fucked him up big time! I have three killing modes, so I'm the last one who makes the kill. What!?! I'm kicking ass!! That's a mage, they go down hard but they fuck you up easy...I can't see them though, that would make it kind of unfair...(battle horn again)...Shit!...Everything is shortrange...Oh yeah, oh yeah, c'mon bitch. (Mikey has a big smile on his face) (battle horn again)...I can't attack it? Holy shit he's got a lotta life! Awe, until his guy starts attacking me I can't attack. See then I heal myself.
CJ: "So are you gonna eat or not?"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is one of Mikey's room mates again, Ryan. I have a story that I feel must be shared with the public. I have for you, an account of what happened when Mikey started to play this game.

Mikey stayed with his grandparents while he was working this past spring. An awful nice thing, letting him stay there to cut down on his commute. So anyway, he got addicted to this game and started spending massive amounts of time after work playing. According to sources, it got to the point where Mikey would be playing the game, his nice little old grandma would call him for dinner: “Mikey dear, come get some dinner. I made some jelly sandwiches and sliced up some cantaloupe.” To which he would respond “Uhhhh, I’m ah, I’m ah not very hungry.”

Can you believe it, this SOB wouldn’t even honor his grandma’s invitation to a homemade meal – served with love! I would kill for a meal like that. Just wait, it gets worse. So that continued for a while and it got to this point:

(it’t several hours after dinner and there’s a light rapping on the door to the dark room where Mikey’s eyes glare at the flashing computer monitor) “Mikey honey, I brought you some left over Shepard’s pie. You should try to eat. It isn’t healthy sitting here and missing dinner all the time…” but there is no answer. He just sits and stares straight forward as his poor little ole lonely grandmother slowly walks away. With a tear in her eye and an ache in her heart, she whispers a short prayer in her native tongue for her beloved grandson; his sprit has died though his body remains.

12:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hah, that sounds like that "anti-drug" commercial where they say 'just tell your grandmother you missed dinner because you were too busy getting stoned'. They need one for WoW 'just tell your grandmother you missed dinner because you were too busy playing WoW, she'll understand' (cut to grandmother with tear in eye)

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home